Tuesday 8 July 2014

wk 27 Punches/Die Cuts - Digi Choosday challenge

Happy Choosday everyone!

Where are these weeks going? These Choosdays seem to be coming round faster and faster don't they! We are uber busy at Polkatowers as usual, but especially busy this week getting ready for Doncaster show and packing up a ton of new products which you will all love, including over 60 brand new stamp designs and some other secret things we can't reveal yet! Make sure you keep an eye on the website for them to appear ; ) 

The challenge we have set for you this week is
Punches and/or Dies
You can make anything you want, it doesn’t have to be a card, as long as you use some punches or die cuts, or both!
You have until 22nd July to enter and the winner will be announced on 29th July, so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the simple rules that can be found in the side bar.

The winner will receive 3 free digi images from the Digi Store.
Remember - you also still have time to enter last week's aperture challenge which is HERE so if you missed it check it out. 

Before we get onto this weeks challenge we will announce the winners from the week 24 challenge, In the Pink


 The winner chosen at random was #4 Gillian
please email us at here quoting DCwk27001wk24 to claim your prize of a 3 free digis.

And the top 3 chosen by the DT were:

 &
#21 Vikki
Well done everyone go grab your badges from the side bar - thankyou so much to everyone who entered, we really appreciate you taking the time to play along with us every week!

Now onto what the team have made for us for this week!

Anjie - Here is my DT make for this week. The image, papers, sentiment and embellishments are from the stunningly beautiful Rose Budd CD. I have coloured the character with my Graph'It Markers. As you can see I have used die cuts. The tree, the small corners and the large corner are all from Tattered Lace, and I think they all work well with each other and with this CD.


Scatty Jan Ohhhh messy afternoon play whilst making this - whenever I get near to a distress ink pad it becomes messy. I have used the fabulous Fredericka - Chic Digistamp. Coloured with Graph'It Markers. I have also used some elements from the Rose Budd collection - The stunning postcard and the bees xx

Crafting Vicky Well now I'm in total Heaven!  Dies and punches!  I really love dies and punches!  So for this card I loved using both.  I have crafted with the great Emma 3 scoops and some papers and embellishments from Candy doodles collection edition.  Such a fun CD!!!


Wendy - Totally loved making this weeks card, got to play with some of my favourite dies! I've used Summer Stroll from Emma Canning and coloured with Graph'It markers. Both backing papers are from Picknix 1 CD and the sentiment is from Work & Play 2 digi collection download. 

Julie - I decided to revisit an older card style for this challenge, I love my dies and Martha Stewart Punches, I have also used the following products all available at Polkadoodles...

Yvonne - Hello everyone! This weeks challenge has got to be one of the BEST ones ever! Use your dies and/or punches, so many people think that using digi stamps and digi papers your project is going to be flat. Well they couldn't be more wrong, digi stamps are just as adaptable as the rest of your craft stash. I used Emma Cannings Digi Stamp Kiss the Frog and I coloured her and her handsome Prince with my brilliant Graph'It Markers, I have the markers used, listed on my blog. I used two backing papers off of the new Rose Budd CD-Rom Collection,  I embossed the larger backing paper with the new Tattered Lace Embossing Folder - 'Tattered Lace'. I then edged all the papers with Distress Ink 'Tattered Rose' and then I cut the image out with Tattered Lace Die 'Westminster' collection. I inked them with Tattered Rose also. As you can see, the dies used just compliment the image so well - I hope you like it as much as I do!! 

Sharon - I've decided my pens needed a rest this week, I have only used them to color the centres of the flowers on my sentiment and used papers and a sentiment Polka Doodles Sugar Plum Daisy CD. I have made the card by folding the Dotty lilac paper in half then die cutting it with a spellbinder die leaving one edge free of the die so I had a card blank. One side of this was folded to make the easel part. I then used same die on the flowery paper to make the top of the card. I used a X-cut punch along 2 strips of the darker spotty paper and folded this to make a rosette which holds my sentiment. A butterfly from the same cd is just hovering over the rosette. The button was made using an epiphany punch and more of the darker shade of dotty paper. This was placed on a ribbon bow and used as the stopper for the card.

What stunning makes from the ladies this week, I'm sure you'll all agree! Gorgeous! 


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx